Thursday 22 December 2016

Meta: New Look and Christmas Break

I'm visiting family for the Christmas holiday now and have decided that "But it's Christmas!" is an excuse for me to shirk all responsibilities, not just work and healthy eating. As such I won't be keeping to my twice-weekly schedule until the New Year. The first GURPSday pull of 2017 will be on 5th January, so I intend to have two posts for it and then back on the schedule afterwards.

I've also finally overhauled the look of the blog. A few weeks ago I realised I'd been on a totally unmodified default layout and colour scheme the entire time – having just picked one when I started up to satisfy the requirement and forgetting about it – and I've now got around to changing it to something more unique. I'm well aware the colours on the mobile version are a bit janky but overall I think it looks better. If you have any issues or critique, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. The text comes out as very blocky and hard to read on my browser (Chrome) but that could just be a local effect for me.

    I'll admit to liking the old look more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switched to Firefox recently and the text is different, so I took a look in Chrome. I think Firefox is overriding text to make it look bigger? Either way, I changed to a more normal font and bumped the size up a few notches and it looks fine to me in Chrome as well as Firefox. Is it better on your end?

      Delete
  2. Blocky? How do you mean? The font itself, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The font. I hate to say it but it makes everything seem bunch together and the font makes the characters seem to similar which in turn makes things hard on my eyes to read.

      I hate that I gotta dislike the new look since I know how long it can take to get something you like but I you don't get useful feed back that way.

      Now it could be just how Tamahori and my eyes work (My eyes are kinda messed up heh) I'm still willing to give it a few tries to see if my eyes adjust.

      Delete